Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why Vote?

My husband and I often disagree on politics and sometimes support different parties. We’ve reached a truce lately by agreeing that we can each post one sign on our front lawn. Ridiculous? Maybe, since we risk canceling each other’s vote…BUT most of the time, I post my sign and he doesn’t (because he doesn’t care as much as I do).
So my vote usually counts even though it appears initially it won’t. In this federal election I hope everyone who cares about the state of journalism, the freedom we need to expose corruption, the access we need to get answers from politicians, the
support we need for public broadcasting to be able to dig up the facts, will put up their own sign. Who to vote for? Vote for freedom, transparency, social justice and politicians who answer the questions you ask, and who support the kind of world you want to live in.
http://www.caj.ca/?p=692

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just to let you know, I will remove comments that are unrelated to the post or include personal attacks on anyone.